- 1 Best Baby Strollers
- 1.1 Types of Strollers
- 1.2 Top Tip: If you are expecting twins,it is important to ensure that your babies’ car seats are compatible with the double stroller.
Best Baby Strollers
Strollers are important to every parent because they make navigation easy and convenient. If you are planning to be on the move with your baby, certainly investing in the best baby strollers could come in handy.
Strollers have a myriad of functions, be it you want to go jogging with your baby, rushing to the store to get some groceries or even going for a walk in the park. There is no easy way to have your baby safely around you than investing on the best baby strollers available. Did you know that strollers can actually calm your baby when the baby is fussy?
There are various factors to consider when opting to buy a baby stroller;
It is important to settle with a baby stroller that fits your budget. However, a stroller is one of the items in your baby’s list that will serve you for years so spending a little more will be worthwhile in the end.
How easy is it to use
An easy to use baby stroller should be an important aspect especially if you are not the only one who is going to take care of the baby.
Any parent who is buying any item for their baby safety is one thing they take into consideration. Therefore,settling for a good stroller is no exception. Also strollers provide shade for the baby protecting her from the direct sun rays.
Having a good baby stroller that fits into your schedule as a parent is important as it makes your work swift and stress free. This is where if you enjoy jogging then a jogger stroller will fit in well.
Various strollers come in with different features. Hence going for one that has a large storage basket can be handy to put in your diaper baby bag and a stroller that can be used on various terrains should be a plus.
Age of the baby
Strollers are used by babies of 6 months and above. However,there are Travel systems that have a car seat and a bassinet. Therefore,using an infant car seat until your baby is six months is crucial.
It is always advised for babies under 6 months wearing is the alternative of strolling. Experts argue that wearing your baby not only enhances bonding between you and your baby, but it is far safe since the baby has not achieved enough neck support.
Another reason is that with a stroller, it is easy to leave the baby un-turned and this may lead to Plagiocephaly whereby the baby’s head becomes flattened on one side because of sleeping on a stroller for too long.Below is a table showing comparison of the best baby strollers 2016;
Note: Strollers are used by babies of 6 and above months and should not be used as a substitute for a baby cot.
Types of Strollers
Standard size baby strollers
These are the most common baby strollers that have been in the market for a long time now.They have a wide storage basket, able to hold up to around 37 lbs, wheels that can be maneuvered on various grounds. There are those that can be reclined to around 20 degrees or less and can pass for bassinets.
Light weight baby strollers
These are types of strollers that weighs between 5-17 lbs. Most parents prefer them because they are easy to carry around. They are commonly referred to Umbrella stroller. They fold easily because their baskets and canopy are compact.
Travel system strollers
This comes in as a combination of a car seat and the usual baby stroller. These type of strollers are getting popular by the day since most parents view them as a save for their money and as a way of reducing newborn expenses. With this system, no need of buying a stroller and a car seat separately. Additionally, it offers you a peace of mind where you do not need to take your baby from the car seat into the stroller. Hence no waking them up after a long try to keep her asleep.They come in as one. However, the bad side is that they are bulky.
Jogger Baby StrollersThese type of baby strollers are made for parents who would like to exercise with their babies. They are steady with shock absorbers and are made to reduce the impact of bumps on the baby.
Double Baby Strollers
As the name suggests, they come as combo of 2 in 1. These are suitable for parents with toddlers and a newborn or twins. How easy can it be carrying your babies all at once!! They can come in as a front to back or side to side type.
Top Tip: If you are expecting twins,it is important to ensure that your babies’ car seats are compatible with the double stroller.
Why is a baby stroller important?
Majority of modern parents want a unique and convenient way to fulfill their chores and be with their children. One of the reasons they opt for a stroller. Additionally, there is a vast of them to choose from and here is why;
If you are a parent and are looking for a way to do your work and bond with your baby at the same time,then a stroller is a must have. It offers a good opportunity for multitasking without losing the bond between baby and parent.
For parents who are travelling choosing one of the best baby strollers is a plus. It not only takes your baby off your shoulders,but provides more comfort and room for your baby.
Most of the best baby strollers have safety features like 5 point safety harness.Additionally, the travel system types offers a car seat for your baby.
Long Lasting solution
As mentioned earlier on,these baby strollers can stay for a long time. Therefore they offer you as a parent a long term solution to backaches often associated with baby wearing.
Strollers Vs Baby wearing
Over a long time,there has been a challenge on what is best between a stroller and baby wearing. However,majority of parents say both work well than choosing to stay with one. While having a stroller means extra baggage,wearing on the other hand comes with backaches. Therefore, it is upto you as a parent to choose what fits your baby and doesn’t strain you.
Choosing a good baby stroller that will last can be an uphill task. Therefore, below is a list of the best baby strollers in
1 of 4
The Bob Revolution Flex is just one stroller that you cannot miss to fall in love with. It is an on and off road jogging stroller than fits any parent who prefers exercises or outdoor activities.
- Easy Maneuverability – This strollers has wheels that swivel easily under any terrain making movement easy and comfortable
- Lockable wheels that makes the stroller stable against rough terrains and while jogging
- Adjustable handle bar that allow 9 different position hence accommodating parents of different heights
- Adjustable suspension systems providing extra comfort on bumpy rides
- Extra large storage basket just ideal when out for shopping
- Easy to fold for storage- It literally takes seconds to fold it up once you are done using it
- Padded handle bar that gives that extra comfort when pushing your baby
- Heavy- With the above features, it can be slightly heavy to carry around
2 0f 4
Among all the jogger strollers I have come in contact with, I must say this one did strike out. As a mom of multiples, It was the best for my case. Enabling exercising well with my twins.
- Dual carrier 😊😊 -Any parent with 2 children can use this comfortably and the maximum weight is 50lbs
- Light weight- I must say it is of light weight compared to other double strollers I have come across
- Pneumatic tires that are hardcore on almost all terrains
- Locked front swivel wheels
- Foot activated rear wheels
- Easy to fold
- A large basket with 2 cup holders now that is what I prefer on any stroller!!
- Several position recliner
- 5-point harness
- Wide- Well, being a double stroller, it might not fit the normal door because of the wide base
3 of 4
This is also another good baby stroller manufactured this year, It comes with lots of new features unlike the previous models. It is also suitable for both first time,second or even third time parents.
- Easy to fold
- Easy to manuever on vsrious terrains hence as a parent you can keep up the pace with your toddler while pushing your newborn with minimal effort
- Can hold upto 2 Mesa infant car seats and also hold 2 toddler seats and still move along as a single stroller.Now tell me isnt that just life saving!!!
- Has a rain and bug cover
- Bassinet storage pouch that is easy to put on literally takes seconds.All you need to do is just take off the seat and put up the bassinet
- Large storage bag that makes your diaper bag easily accessible
4 of 4
If you are looking for a light jogger stroller that’s convenient for you, then this baby trend expedition jogger stroller is the answer.
- It comes with bicycle tires with a front wheel that swivels and be locked and unlocked
- Parent tray with 2 cup holders
- Accepts Baby trend flex or inertia infant car seats
- Multiple reclining seat positions
- 5 Point safety harness
- Extra large storage basket
- Ratcheting canopy to protect against wind and sun
- Lightweight frame
- Easy to fold into one compartment
Best baby strollers safety tips
- If you are using a travel system that is a bassinet for you newborn, keep in mind the SIDS guideline that applies in babies sleeping in a baby crib. That means you should not leave your baby unattended
- Use of safety harness In most stroller related injuries, strangulation of one of the common one.Therefore, ensure your baby is restrained.
- Double check if your stroller is locked when unfolding
- Keep baby away when folding to avoid injuries
- No Hot fluids on the cup holders
- Double check if the brakes are in place