Early as 4 months old, babies tend to grow fast in a good and a stimulated environment. This growth should therefore be accompanied by toys that enhance it. Are your 4 month old babies making noises, putting their hands and feet in the mouth? Then its time to get one of these 7 of the best toys for 4 month old babies.
How to choose the best toys for 4 month old babies
Most babies at 4 months need their senses to be stimulated. At this stage is when they are able to turn their heads to sound, able to follow objects easily and are attracted by bold colors.
Toys that make sounds like rattles, bells and even squeakers are appealing to them. Additionally, at this point is when everything goes into the mouth! A good teether comes in handy to avoid injuries and maintain fun at the same time. That said, lets take a look at
7 of the best toys for 4 month old babies and what nice features they have.
1 of 7
Fisher Price Jumperoo
A jumperoo stimulates your baby as it has alot of playful toys that can engage your 4 months old baby. The toys are bright hence very attractive and consuming in that your baby’s mind will be occupied as you go about your activities.
Why we love it
- Stable 360 degrees spining seat giving the baby enough coverage of the toys
- Comes with a variety, one with a zoo, rainforest and even space saviour
- Has a sensor in that if the baby jumps, he is rewarded by lights n sounds. This is helps in development of your baby’s motor skills
- Colorful toys and music that stimulate baby’s auditory senses
- Safer alternative to baby walkers or jumpers
2 of 7
Bright Starts Activity Blocks
4 month old babies will enjoy these blocks as they are smooth with tags they can easily reach for and make towers.
Why we love it
- Bright colors that stimulates your baby’s vision
- Soft to touch and gentle to the baby even if they try to put in the mouth
- Safe to use as they are soft even if thrown wont cause any harm
- Each block comes with different sounds that stimulate your baby’s visual and auditory senses
3 of 7
Manhattan Toy Winkel Rattle and Sensory Teether
At 4 months, babies literally put their hands and feet into the mouth. Not to mention everything their hands come across. This rattle comes in handy as it has a sensory teether as well.
Why we love it
- Attractive colors to the baby
- Intertwined soft loops that enable use of both hands
- Can be used as a teether as the plastic is soft smooth and BPA free
- Easy to clean and sterilize
- Can be refrigerated to relieve sore gums
- A rattle at the centre that is entertaining to the baby
4 of 7
Baby Einstein Bendy Ball
This Einsten plastic ball comes in handy as it is soft to touch and even bend.
What’s fun about it
- Comes in attractive colors that entertain the baby
- Soft to touch and bend hence gentle to the fingers
- Has a distinct caterpillar at the centre that has a rattle
- Soft to bite hence gentle to the sore gums
- This ball is durable and can even be passed down to other babies
5 of 7
Fisher-Price Music and Lights Deluxe Gym
If you do not have a baby gym for your little one, then you should consider this Fisher Price gym. It provides an ample place for your baby to lie on an enjoy playing with the toys. Additionally, the toys come in attractive colors that is fun for the baby. This baby gym so far is the best as listed in the 7 best toys for 4 month old babies.
Why we love this baby gym
- Has more than 10 toys for the baby to play around with
- A soft mat on which the baby can use even for longer hours
- Some of the toys are removable hence baby can hold and even bite them
- Has motion sensors in that whenever your baby moves she is rewarded with musical sounds
- The sounds mimic nature sounds that engage the baby’s mind
- Has three suitable modes; Tummy time, Lay and Play mode
- The toys engage the baby that by the time she is done, she is totally worn out and sleeps for longer hours. Well, this is nice because this is what all mothers crave for. Time alone!!
6 of 7
Lamaze Peek-A-Boo Forest Soft Book
There is nothing amazing as introducing your 4 month old baby to the habit of reading. They say its never to late to learn neither is it too early hence what a better way to do it by introducing the fun cloth book? Additionally, there are other educational books for your 2years old children
Why we love it
- Intresting cover page that has an owl
- Washable pages that can be reused by your baby over and over again
- Has interesting stories of animals from the forest selected by experts
- The pages come in bright colors that attract your baby’s attention
- Durable pages made of cloth hence there’s no worry of the paged getting torn or being eaten off by your baby
- Provides a forum for your young one to start learning how to read
- A good book to consider as a gift to any parent
7 of 7
Lamaze Clip & Go Firefly Freddie
This is one of the popular Lamaze toys. It comes in handy as it of an average size and light. Therefore, it can be held easily by your baby not to mention the antenna that is soft to chew
Why we love it
- It is light hence can be carried around easily especially for sleep overs and long journeys
- Has attractive colors that are fun to the baby
- Has squeakers, crinklers and an interesting peek a boo mirror that the little one will get fascinated by
- Has a smooth and a soft texture that the baby can bend easily
- Has a lady bird teether than the baby can chew on especially during teething
A good toy for your little one should have the appropriate features that will mould them all round. Therefore this review has highlighted 7 of the best toys for 4 month old babies in order to make you choose the best that there is.